Thursday 14 December 2017

Sweet Jesus


Most of the time I like to assume that I've got a fairly good ear to the ground when it comes to all things hardcore related. However, some releases manage to slip through the cracks as they do with everyone I guess. What I'm struggling to come to grips with here though is how this one managed to pass me by for about two years. That's an age in hardcore. 


Sweet Jesus - You Destroy Yourself - Atomic Action Records - 1st Press - White /100 


Back Cover // B-Side 

10 tracks of pretty furious Dischord / Swiz worship that honestly hasn't really left my turntable since I picked it up about a week and a half ago. The dead stock black and white colour scheme is a nice touch here too. 


The label incorrectly states the speed of 33 1/3 as opposed to the 45rpm it plays at. 


Insert contains more artwork from Brendon Simmons along with live photos taken by Angela Owens on the other side. The lyrics are printed here too as are all the recording credits and personnel. This album was recorded by J. Robbins of Jawbox/ Burning Airlines fame. 


And here is the other side of the insert with the aforementioned live photos. Altogether this is a pretty incredible LP that remains aesthetically pleasing. I didn't know until buying it that dudes from Have Heart, Verse and Soul Control were involved in Sweet Jesus too. 


From the same seller listed in the same bid was the preorder flexi too. This contains two covers; one from Void and one from The Faith. The cover art alone can tell you that though right? 


The colour of the flexi here is a lot more true to it's actual colour; and it sounds remarkably heavy considering the format. Apparently this was given away as part of the preorder with the White variant of the LP. Pressing numbers aren't on Discogs so I'm not too sure how many were made, but there's a safe bet that it's at least /100 too.

I'd heard the name thrown away after the 'Box' 7'' had come out on Triple B; but I just never went past hearing the name until I saw this on eBay. On the upside, the waiting game seems like a good choice on this occasion as I picked both of these up for a really good price. 

I'll try to get another couple of posts in before the year's out!








No comments:

Post a Comment