Sunday 12 May 2019

Pinwheel Wicca Phase

As a precursor to the release of the new Wicca Phase Springs Eternal release 'Suffer On' (due out via Run For Cover records in February 2019 (I have preordered and hopefully i'll get around to posting about it); RFC also reissued previous LP 'Secret Boy' in August of this year. 


Wicca Phase Springs Eternal - Secret Boy - Run For Cover Records / Dark Medicine - 1st Press - Hot Pink / White Pinwheel /200 (RFC Store Exclusive Variant) 

This LP was originally released by Disposition Collective in 2016. The label also put out a WPSE 7'' and a split 7'' featuring Spur and Jake Clarke from Superheaven in 2017. But since then they have become quiet/ inactive sadly. 


This pinwheel variant is pretty stunning and definitely the best example of this kind of colour split I own. The new album comes on a black/ gold version of this pinwheel effect too. 


Single sheet insert with all the production credits listed and a photo on the reverse that you can see below. 


This record flows way better than I remember it doing before I bought a  physical version. I let the first press really pass me by, probably because ordering overseas is a massive hassle nowadays. Plus the physical bonus track (See You as a Dove) is probably the bet thing here. Either way, I'm glad that Run For Cover have a UK Store and I'm really intrigued to hear what Will Yip's production can add to this type of music. 




No comments:

Post a Comment