Monday 19 December 2022

Blue Train

 Kicking into the end of the year and I’m trying to get some posts in before things get too crazy over the Christmas period. 


John Coltrane - Blue Train • The Complete Masters - Blue Note 

A damn ass JAZZ record. And one of the best really. I’m still dipping my toe in to the whole jazz thing but I enjoy everything I hear from Coltrane. This record came out a couple months back and I cracked pretty early on adding it to the collection. 


Hype sticker on the sleeve - basically tells you what you’re getting. An incredible sounding record with some new to vinyl stuff, a nice essay on the record and some unseen photographs that capture the recording process. 


The records are house in a thick gatefold sleeve with the liner notes in a centre book. This is one of the highest quality records I’ve bought in years. From the jacket, to the liner notes to the quality of the pressing itself - this thing is so impressive to look at and listen to. If you’re even remotely curious about jazz, I’m sure any of the Tone Poet series will help you fall in love with the genre. 


The back cover is the standard layout of many Blue Note releases of the era. I love seeing this busy format and it definitely brings out a fun nostalgia of those early years of digging. 

I’m sure we’ll be back to regular stuff soon. Or maybe you’ll get a Charli XCX record next. Who knows?





No comments:

Post a Comment