Tuesday 20 August 2024

TWO STAR AND THE DREAM POLICE


 Now, this isn’t really an exciting post visually. Because the record isn’t anything super fancy variant or packaging wise - but also because I’m done a rough job photography wise. But keep with me because it’s a great record. 


Mk.gee - Two Star And The Dream Police - R&R Digital - 1st pressing - Black /? 


Back cover 

I had to take these photos with the sleeve in this weird outer poly bag. The seller shipped it this way, with the record in a Mofi anti static sleeve. It looks like to get it out I might have to physically cut the sleeve out. It photographs pretty terribly but it looked nice in person all sealed up this way so I might just keep it for now! 


Credits and lyrics on the printed inner sleeve. Aesthetically I love how this record is put together, I’ve really done a terrible job here! 


Had to go in for the weird angle for the back side of the inner sleeve, it’s one of those glossy type textures that picks up every shred of light and dust and reflection that happens to cross it’s path. 


Here we have some classic black vinyl, nothing fancy. I took this photo straight away as I took it out the mailer but I should’ve maybe give it a quick clean first. 

Now for a little context I guess. This record quickly became an obsession for me a month or so ago when I went to visit my pal Greg. He showed me a couple of tracks off this album and I was immediately hooked. I took the drive back from Newcastle to Lincolnshire with this album on pretty much constant repeat. I quickly hunted out a copy and found out that this was a) long sold out and b) about £200+ on the Discogs / eBay market. I bought a copy off a guy on Reddit, and whilst it certainly wasn’t retail price, I did pretty okay price wise. There’s also been a Big Love exclusive obi edition /200 that I’d definitely shell out a decent chunk of a mortgage payment on if anyone wants to sell. 

Weirdly enough this record had an air of familiarity to it, and it turns out Mk.gee plays guitar on the Dijon LP ‘absolutely’ (Greg also turned me on to that). I might do a post on that later on too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment