Wednesday 28 October 2015

Born on Black Wax

I can't believe in October I am still buying RSD records. I'm okay with this one though, and hopefully it'll tide me over until I start lusting over the High Fidelity soundtrack coming out for this years Black Friday event. 


The Menzingers - I Was Born - Red Scare Industries - 1st Press - Black /500 (RSD '15) 

There was also a Blue variant, exclusive to the Red Scare online store I think. One thing I will say is that the artwork doesn't really do too much for me. Mostly as all the sleeves for the 7''s seem to fit the theme of the album from the time (Hold On Dodge is a great example of this), but this one just sticks out like a sore thumb. 


It seems a little weird that they would pull out such an old song from an old record too. However, if it means pulling out these cool acoustic B-Sides then I'm all down for it. It seems strange to think Chamberlain Waits is about 5 years old now. Around that LP is where I first started paying attention to them, and so in a way this works pretty well for me. 


Finally, the sleeve came with this little sticker. 
On a cool note, I didn't have to go down the Discogs // eBay route for this one. Leave it to good ol' Different Kitchen to hook you up with all the good stuff right? 

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment