Thursday 4 February 2016

Play at 45 RPM LOL

This is the dumbest thing I think I've ever spent money on. Thankfully it wasn't an awful lot of money, so I'm not super bitter. The worst part is, if someone offered me what I paid for it, I would turn it down and keep this piece of shit release that I'll likely never place on a turntable again. 


Dads - Dank Not Stank - Broken World Media - 1st Press /100 (Lathe Cut) 

This is the first and only pressing of this record. Dank Not Stank was part of BWM's continuing April Fools Day releases and is quite potentially the only April Fool's release from the label that isn't from The World Is A Beautiful Place. 
There is no track-listing, label logo or legal/ thanks. It doesn't take long to figure out that this is Brush Yr Teeth Again sped up though. Obviously it sounds terrible, and the lathe just makes it sound worse. 


This is legitimately the only text with this record past the cover. 
I guess there's a funny side to this, and a bit of me likes having this. But then a big part of me hates myself for entertaining such a dumb idea. But it's not like we'll see another Dads release through BWM so I'll stick with it for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment