Sunday 31 January 2016

Chipboard Bridges

At the beginning of any year I feel a little lost with records. I don't buy an awful lot and try to make sense of where my buying habits are at that point in time. I have no issue with doing this, and it allows me to buy stuff that I either forgot about or just put off. With that in mind, here is a release from around 6 years ago that I meant to buy but never did until a week or two ago. 


Owen - Abandoned Bridges - Polyvinyl Records - 1st Press - Black /? 

I haven't got a clue how many of this record exist. I know there was a limited variant on White /1000, and I know more than 1000 of this exist. Past that, I'm not even sure the dudes at Polyvinyl would know. The chipboard sleeve is something a little different, and it looks great with the minimal-ish art and insert design.


Back Cover // B-Side 

One new song (at the time), and one cover of a Wilco song which is really neat. 

The centre labels match the art, designed by Jaime Anderson (who has done some wonderful illustration over the years!) and the jacket design was handled by Paul Koob who has worked on a bunch of Owen and Polvinyl related releases.


Insert consisting of lyrics and credits. No thanks. It's cool to see Nate Kinsella was in on this one, he's played on a few Owen releases and I'm sure he had something to do with Joan Of Arc too?


Hype sticker on the sleeve. Free sticker with the order. There was also an Watermelon flavoured Airhead, but my Nephew got to that before I could get my camera out. 
I know I could've bought this from Discogs, and got a White copy, but I ordered from the label with a slight hope of scoring that promo Beach Slang 7''. I did not. Nevermind though, this record has been getting a lot of love! 




No comments:

Post a Comment