Wednesday 4 May 2016

Desolate Beige

Sometimes I like to take a quick dive into my collection, looking for something to post about that I may have overlooked or just not bothered to photograph. In the case of this record I may not have even ran this blog when it came out. 


State Faults - Desolate Peaks - Tiny Engines - 1st Press - Beige Marble - /275 

The first reason for posting this record, is that it's a great record from an incredible band that might not get the attention they deserve. Another reason is this variant is lovely. It looks a little more lavender than beige in this light, and I'm a sucker for a marble record. With the amount of No Idea Records releases I own, you kind of have to learn to love marbled records! 


Another great thing about this LP is the letter-pressed cover. The art in itself is beautiful, but the lettering just makes the packaging a little more lush. 


Back Cover 

I accidentally cut the back cover photo out, but if you head to the Discogs release page for this LP you can see it. 


The insert comes with this woodcut style illustration that I'm a big fan of. 


The other side of the insert houses all of the lyrics. All thanks and credits are printed on the back of the jacket. 

A couple of years ago there was a mad rush for people to get this record, and there still should be. 




No comments:

Post a Comment