Saturday 18 March 2023

Mindforce on tape

Unless you’ve been under a rock for the last 5 or so years I guess you’ll be at least vaguely familiar with Mindforce. A few years back they released a comp tape of Excalibur and Swingin’ Swords and I picked it up as soon as it came up in the UK. 


Mindforce - Excalibur / Swingin’ Swords, Choppin’ Lords - First Run /200 White - Triple B / Streets Of Hate 

The cover art for this is a rip of the Warzone comp that Another Planet released in the mid 90’s and that’s the kind of shit we live for. 


Mindforce - New Lords - ? Pressing - /? - Clear Shell - Triple B // Streets of Hate

With already having Mindforce stuff on cassette I was reluctant to buy this on vinyl, so I waited like a patient boy and this finally came up for sale in the UK. However, this one is a bit of a mystery for me. I’ve only seen a clear red shell of this cassette, and Streets of Hate have no pressing info regarding a clear shell (neither does Discogs). If anyone knows, pass on that info or add it to Discogs because the thought of trying that makes me want to break edge. 


 The Excalibur cassette also has a printed shell where as this one is blank - New Lords is also a little rough sounding which was a surprise because the actual recording rips. 

It’s Mother’s Day tomorrow and the reason I’m delving into the cassettes is because I’m making my Mother a mixtape for her car (it still has a tape deck). It’s a little tradition/ running bit that one of her gifts is a carefully curated compilation of some hits she’d be in to, with a few mosh parts sprinkled in there for fun. 







No comments:

Post a Comment