Monday 3 July 2023

Fever Dream



High Vis are one of the best bands in the UK right now, to my ears at least. I was lucky enough to catch them at this years Outbreak Fest, and it really cemented my love for the band after missing a couple of chances at seeing them over the last year. 

However excited I was to catch them live - there was a secondary motive to be excited for attending Outbreak. There was a new 12” put out by Farewell (who released the first two High Vis 7”s) that sold out online in a matter of minutes, with the majority being held back for live shows. I say majority like there was a bunch of them - this pressing is /200 total which seems unreal for a band with as much hype around them at the minute. I assume these were gone before most fans even knew about it. 


The inner sleeve is stamped and numbered by Graham, the singer of High Vis. The back of the outer sleeve is also numbered, I assume they were done by him too. 

This 12” compromises a compilation of sorts - Society Exists was a digital only single released during the pandemic without the full lineup being present on the recording. The Station house Demos were two songs initially to be released as a 7”, but it was kept back to make room for Blending to be written. Fever Dream made its way on to Blending, but The Loss finally sees the light of day thanks to this release. As a whole, these recordings pair up nicely together, and bridge the gap sonically between No Sense No Feeling and Blending. Plus it’s cool to hear Fever Dream in a more rough and ready capacity, it’s one of my favourite tracks from Blending. 

I love the design of this thing, super minimal and stark, one colour one pressing type things are always fun - especially for a band that definitely don’t have to make /200 releases anymore.

This wasn’t the only record I bought from Outbreak, and I walked away with a cool amount of stuff (although I really wish I’d bought the High Vis Outbreak exclusive shirt) but more on that later.




No comments:

Post a Comment