Monday 25 January 2016

Cadwyn O Flodau

Sometimes I take photos of a bunch of stuff, and one or two items slip through the cracks, and before you know it months have passed by and I've lost things to say on the matter so the potential post gets deleted. This happened with the newest Chain Of Flowers cassette, but after hitting this record hard over the past few days I've decided to salvage the photos and post. 


Chain Of Flowers - Chain Of Flowers - Alter - 1st Press - Black Shell /100 

Alter put this up a while after the LP pre-order, and the cassette has always appealed to me more with this band, as all the releases are made available on this format. Chained // Spit hasn't yet made it to vinyl so the completest in me opted for this option. I'll grab the vinyl eventually mind. 


Printed labels on the shells are neat, and the band name translated into Welsh to act as an album title is a nice touch. The slightly muddy production really lends itself to this format, I'm just surprised it wasn't released through the singer's Swine Language label. 


Tracklisting sits on the inside of the J-Card along with the band personnel and credits. It's crazy to think that this record was recorded around 18 months prior to the release. 

I put this record on a lot more over the last few weeks, and it sounds more beautiful each time. Every time this happens I get an urge to pick up something that I've not given the attention it probably deserved. 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment