Tuesday 24 March 2015

Swirly Survive

A couple weeks ago I did a post on a great Circa Survive record called 'On Letting Go'; and today I am going to talk about another one. I got this one from the same seller, at the same (incredibly reasonable) price. 


Circa Survive - Juturna - Equal Vision Records - 2nd Press - Green W/White Swirl /1000

This was definitely the gem of the pair for me, as more often that not I pin this one as my favourite Circa record. It's so strange to think this record has been around for a decade. Well, not this copy as the original press was a picture disc split released through Equal Vision and Religion Records. The art was different on that copy, with the above art used as the picture disc. This copy was pressed around 2010 if memory serves. All things told though, I prefer this version. This is the first of Esao Andrews' art I remember seeing, and this variant is stunning. 


Back Cover // B-Side

Although the art is a little sparse this side, the B-Side of the LP more than makes up for it. With a few swirl variants, it ends up looking more like a two colour mix, but here you definitely get that swirl effect. It just kind of makes hunting down the right variant so much sweeter when it turns out this nice. It's nice to finally have a copy of this on vinyl and re-live some of these amazing tracks. Act Appalled is so damn good. 


Production / Mastering / Art credits up the top. Some more art from Andrews' in the middle; and the bottom is where things get a little weird. This is the 'Circa Survive Is...' list including Esao Andrew's, Brian Mcternan and Cats. This band have always striked me as a little on the strange side of life, and I kind of like things that way. 


And finally we move on to the insert, and this side contains all the lyrics. A nice cut and dry way to end this little ramble. Yes, this post has been about how cool this variant is and how much I love the cover art. There is no funky packaging to get enthusiastic about, but this was a great record to add to my collection and so I wanted to share that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment