Wednesday 25 March 2015

Unleash the Fury Mitch

Another post to add some weight to the claim that I've been on a real US hardcore kick lately. This time we head right back to the original way of doing things, the good old fashioned demo cassette. This one has a seriously DIY feel to it too, and I'm a complete sucker for it. 


Fury - Demo Cassette - Moshers Delight - 1st Press - White Shell /? 

The breakdown of this one is always going to be a little weird to track down. I know that there were copies with grey shells too. Some of the grey shells came with green paper covers too. No numbers have been released though, so it's anyone's guess at this point? 

Fury handwritten on the A-Side, and a small '30' on top of the shell put there by the manufacturer at a guess? I'm assume it's a c30 cassette and that it has nothing to do with being numbered like some people suggest. I could be wrong though! 

Also, completely unrelated, but how lit is that Danzig shirt? 


Spine View 

Plain B-Side, both on the shell and the cassette itself seems to be blank this side too. Don't quote me on it as such, as I only listened for a few minutes at the beginning and at the end (Moshers Delight stick interviews on their live series' cassettes and I thought something may be on there as opposed to just blank reel). Small Fury logo on the spine. 


Insert 

Black ink on white paper A4 insert, folded in all kinds of crazy ways to fit in as a J-Card. You can see all the folds in it so I shouldn't have to explain this too much. Bottom left is the only panel you see when it's all folded, with a track-listing and MD logo on the back panel. The bottom right panel has recording and mastering credits, along with a few thanks (weird side note, this was mastered by Brian McTernan who recorded Juturna which was my previous post. Cool right?). The rest is all lyrics, live photos and weird doodles. I can imagine kids grabbing copies of this in a decade or two, getting real meticulous about how intact this insert is. I can tell you now that mine feels like it's got about 5 unfoldings left ha! 

This band have a new-ish 7'' out through Triple B, and I should probably go and pick that up. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment