Saturday 11 April 2015

Feeling Supersonic

This is one of my favourite records of the year so far. I bought / photographed this ages ago but never got around to posting about it as I thought I'd have little to say on the matter. But even if I fall short a little on the words, maybe the enthusiasm will come across all the same. 


Adventures - Supersonic Home - Run For Cover Records - 1st Press - White W/ Light Blue Marble /1000

White W/ Blue Marble may be a bit of a stretch, as this thing is like 98% white. Maybe some copies of this variant came with a little more blue in it. I ordered this from All Your Music, and was kind of hoping for the Starburst variant but for there's always a little fun in blind buying records right? 


Back Cover // B-Side 

The font on this is a little hard to read from a distance I guess, but it looks great with the artwork and RFC mixing up the logo colours pulls everything together nicely. It's a shame I didn't take a photo of the spine as it sticks out like a sore thumb (you can kind of see a bright yellow sheen down the side of the LP, that's about right; at least I have no trouble finding it!). 


Inside Gatefold 

This record comes in a nice thick gatefold sleeve, and on the inside is more artwork by Kimi Hanauer. Kimi plays keyboard and sings in Adventures, and was also semi responsible for the art and layout for the Pity Sex // Adventures split. I'm really not too sure on  the theme for this album art, but the little dude in a boat is quite a cool thing. There's a nice Adventures longsleeve on the RFC webstore that I'm tempted to grab, and this guy is on the back. Before I heard the record, I really wasn't feeling the art at all; but after some time to see how both fit together, I've warmed to it a lot. 


Insert 

Handwritten lyrics in inserts will always grab my attention more so than printed ones, although they can be a little harder on the eyes at times. It seems a little strange having a nice gatefold sleeve and an insert too, but using all the available space for art  must be a cool thing for anyone working with design and layout. For every RFC release I buy, I am never let down by what is going on; even if it's nothing particularly out there. They just seem to be getting it right if you know what I mean? 


Insert 

This side of the insert houses the rest of the lyrics, band personnel, thanks and credits. Alongside all of this you also get a band photo and some more art from Hanauer.
Over 3000 of this LP were made over 3 variants for the 1st Press, which seems like a huge number but I really hope more and more people catch on to how incredible this band is. Although we're only a third of the way into the year (or thereabouts) I'm fairly confident this isn't going to leave my iPod or turntable any time soon. 

Next post is probably going to be a touche amore one, just as a heads up. Been waiting on something cool...
Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment