Sunday 26 April 2015

RSD '15 pt. 2

This week I have been making a dent in my RSD wants list online, so this stream of posts will continue in the coming weeks as this stuff arrives. But for this one I'm going for another item I picked up on the day... 


Frnkiero Andthe Cellabration - Live At BBC Maida Vale - Hassle Records - 1st Press - Mint /500 (RSD '15 Exclusive). 

The immediate thing I noticed about this record, even when it was still sealed is how bright this record is. From the variant to the cover art and the insert; it's all very colourful. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

The Maida // Vale labels are a neat touch, and this variant is incredible. It doesn't photograph up too well, but in person it's a real treat. 

I'm a big fan of BBC live recordings; from the old school approach of Peel bootlegs it's always been a great look in at a band from a live setting. Another obvious example of the importance of these sessions are the two Touche Amore 7''s. At first I thought these recordings sounded a little thin on the ground, but with a few listens I'm definitely sinking into how these songs come across. Again, this feels like something that should come out on Record Store Day as it's a pure celebration of live music and music overall. 


The sleeve came stickered, but not with the typical RSD design that we saw on my previous post. This is just as cool though right? Frank Iero made a small statement about this record that was on the RSD site, and I kind of wish that made it on to the insert. The insert itself is pretty hard on the eyes so I've left it out this time round. The important stuff to know is that it was recorded at Maida Vale by Daniel P. Carter. 

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment