Sunday 21 June 2015

Picture Discs Going Confetti

Another quick minute, another Give record that I am playing serious catch up with. I'm so glad I'm not into the variant game on this one, but from an aesthetic point of view, waiting on it with this one kind of paid off. This press is definitely the one for me! 


Give - Singles Going Confetti - Assault Records - 2nd Press - Picture Disc /200 

I love a good picture disc, and this sounds as great as it looks to my ears. I've said before that I don't have the best hearing or the most audiophile setup, but I'm pretty impressed on all counts here. Another great selling point is the quarter fold cover that I dig, but more on that a little later. 
The cover is made of nice thick stock card, and is housed in a poly sleeve. 

Having a picture disc as a second press with such a limited quantity is a brave step I reckon. It's probably not the most financially viable option either as it involves getting new tests made for a short run but I'm definitely glad it happened! 


Back Cover // B-Side

This image is perfect, and the colours work against the record perfectly. I never knew that John had a huge Give logo on his arm either. 
From the tracklisting you can see that this record compiles the five 7'' records (I Am Love // Petal Pushing // Flower Head // Boots Of Faith // Heaven Is Waiting) alongside a bonus track at the end. 


152//200 

All copies were numbered and stamped /200. 
In the background is the back cover, containing all the lyrics. 


Inside the quarterfold. 

Personnel, band name, label name. Not much is left to explanation here. The left text above the crease is song credits and the right contains art/ layout/ photography credits. At this point, this band had a rotating lineup of 8 members. 


Some flyers that came with the order. The 'We Are Love' tour flyer looks great in person and contains that A-Side logo on the other side.

I've been tempted to grab this record many times, and I nearly caved when Different Kitchen got the US press in at Distro a while back, but this copy just works well for me. Anyway, I'm sure had I bought a copy prior, I would've ended up buying it again anyway. 





No comments:

Post a Comment