Monday 22 June 2015

Pink Claws

I feel like I hit the eBay route less and less recently for buying records. With the pending change from Paypal as a payment option and with the rise in kids scraping up any *vinyls* they can get their hands on, it just seems hard to grab anything for a decent price these days. However, there will be an occasional come up and a couple of weeks ago I managed to grab a record that had interested me for some time, but I never took the dive on. 


Rise and Fall - Clawing - Deathwish Inc. - 1st Press - Pink /850 

Weirdly enough there was no interest in this 7'' and I won it at the opening bid of 99p with no fuss at all. This record was released the best part of a decade ago and I love collecting older releases from Deathwish. Such a solid label with an incredibly rich history, and I'll happily take a chance on whatever I don't have. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

The R//F centre label designs are pretty cool, and I love how bright and detailed the artwork is. It works perfectly for a 7'', although I would've loved the full art to have come in somewhere though. 


Fold Out Cover 

I believe there was a limited version of this 7'' that had the outer cover in this colour scheme. Personally I love the full colour art, but I really dig anything that Florian Bertmer does. His artwork is completely unmistakable, and the long damn list of incredible bands he has worked with still baffles me. 


Close up of the insert

Sorry this hasn't photographed up too well, the font is a little hard on the lens, but you get the general idea. Plus, the cover of 'Them Bones' is brilliant and more people should hear this record. A total gem from a label that gets it right more often than most. 


Fold Out Cover Art 

Although the original art is much larger than this, I love how this sleeve works with what it has. If the art was scaled down to fit it fully I guess it would look kind of dumb and lose all it's appeal. Maybe Shirts & Destroy should have done a similar deal with this record like they did True Nihilist? 

Either way, this record is cool, the art is cool, the label is cool and I'm going to scoop up some more Rise and Fall records in the near future with any luck! 

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment