Saturday 7 November 2015

RePuking Year

I'm sure I've said before that I hate talking about stuff that came out on No Idea Records, as Alan has a far better collection and knowledge on the subject. Not only is this true for this post, but the good dude went out of his way to find this for me. He also paid for it from a Discogs seller he was getting some stuff from and helped me save on shipping. Totally above and beyond man. Now since the No Idea discography page is down, do you know the pressing info? Ha! 


Bridge & Tunnel - Rebuilding Year - No Idea Records - 1st Press - Gold & White split /? (Mailorder Exclusive) 

This has been on my wants list for the longest of times, and it feels cool to finally have it. Not even for the cool bonus thing I'll show you in a second, it just looks great in these colours. Ever since Alan pulled out his copy for me to see years ago, I've been lurking. 


Back Cover 

Classic Stress Face logo on the back there. I'm not pulling out a photo of the inside gatefold as it just isn't easy to get a photo that does it any justice. But the teeny tiny cardboard models of guitars and pedals here look really neat. 


However, the main selling point of this variant was the bonus 7'' that No Idea slipped in with this variant at mailorder. 

Bridge & Tunnel - Live At Fest 9 - No Idea Records - 1st Press - Puke /? 

6 Live covers recorded live from the Fest jammed on to a 7''. The cover of D.E.A.D.R.A.M.O.N.E.S by Modern Life Is War is the highlight here for me though. 


The record comes in a photocopied sleeve with a quarterfold back cover. However, I'm a little confused as to why the 7'' is called Live At Fest 9 on the front, and Live From Fest 9 on the back? I'm sure no one else gives a shit either way right? 


The sleeve comes with a neat little sticker, as the art itself is left blank. I really like it when this happens in artwork. Unless you have a MoV repress of The Devil And God, in which case you probably don't like it too much. 


And just for funsies, here is the copy I've had for years. Also from the 1st press /525 on random mix. There are tons of variations of this mix thing, and I assume this particular colour match is fairly common. I'm also okay with having a second copy of this record, it's not quite up there with East//West for me, though I may just be a little too sentimentally attached to that LP for my own good. 

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment