Sunday 22 November 2015

Yellow Harm

I've been slowing down on blogging a little. At this time of year I like to get the bulk of my Christmas shopping done, and sadly that leaves less time and money to devote to buying records, let alone waxing lyrical about them here. One good thing is that my shopping is nearly done, and I can carry on as I like to. 

Whilst lurking about on Hot Topic for a few presents a couple weeks back, I decided that since I was there and the international shipping was 50% off, that it would be rude not to buy a couple of things I was after. First one up is this: 


The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die - Harmlessness - Epitaph Records // Broken World Media - 1st Press - Opaque Yellow /500 (Hot Topic Exclusive) 

Up until a couple weeks ago, most UK places weren't stocking this record, so when I saw it I jumped on it. This band delivered some of their best and most cohesive material earlier in the year, so I've been really excited about this LP dropping, and it definitely does not disappoint. 


Back Cover // B/D Side 

This is a double LP housed in a single sleeve jacket, much in a similar vein to the Sunbather LP, but without the fancy die-cut stuff. The records themselves also came in black dust jackets which look a little nicer than the standard paper sleeves. 
One cool thing I love about this band is how they always manage to keep the same centre labels on all their releases, regardless of label change and regardless of whether it is a contribution to a split 7'' they are always this trippy swirl. It's cool, and a nice common theme. 


Band personnel and credits here. 9 musicians contributed to this record, and most of them are kept in regular rotation in the lineup. 


Lyrics and praise to the salt this side. I don't have a clue what it means either. I like how some of the lyrics in this record work into lyrics from previous releases. I'm assuming that Formlessness plays a large part in the name of Harmlessness too. 


Stickered shrink wrap. 

Now if I could make an order with Hot Topic and not get royally badgered by customs charges that'd be swell. Thankfully, with an album this good I don't mind too much. 







No comments:

Post a Comment