Monday 9 November 2015

Pink Libertine

It's quite rare nowadays that I go searching for a record purely for wanting it. I really have little need for this 7'', as it only contains 2 tracks from a record I already own. In fact, I've paid for the privilege of hearing them in their original form before the remaster (from what I can tell). On paper, this was a little bit of an unnecessary purchase, but being honest I'm pretty happy to have it. 


Deafheaven - Deafheaven - Deathwish Inc. - 1st Press - Black /1000 

So this was a promotional 7'' made by Deathwish and given away in random orders. I'm assuming it was to coincide with the release of Roads To Judah, but at the time I picked up Roads... at distro and can't know for sure. 
This record contains 2 of the 4 demo tracks, that Sargent House later compiled onto a remastered 12''. Funnily enough also on black and /1000 copies. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

Plain black centre labels, plain black vinyl. I'm a big fan of how this looks. The cover art is nice, and something different from the original demo art, and the 12'' art. That was probably a larger factor than it really needed to be. I grabbed this off eBay with surprisingly little fight considering the hype around the newest LP. 


Close up of the text on the black cover. 

The inside of the sleeve is plain white. Although I had to pay for a record that was once given away for free, I really like the fact that Deathwish did this in the first place. There was no way to squidge the entire demo on a 7'', as it cuts in at about 24 minutes over 4 tracks, but these two songs are great together. 
I think I now own one of every Deafheaven release that has been put to vinyl. I'd never jam into variants with this band, but it kind of helps to make everything feel a little more complete. 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment