Tuesday 24 November 2015

Adobe Glows

Occasionally I like to dig back into my collection and see if I have anything worth writing about that possibly predates this blog, or something that's somehow slipped by the wayside. It doesn't happen often as I have enough new stuff coming in to keep me busy, but this is pretty cool so we'll break all the rules. 


Adobe Homes // Beau Navire - Split - Texas Toast DIY // Kyeo Speaks // Radical Friend // Black With Sap // Olhar De Vidro - 1st Press - Glow In The Dark / 300 (W/ Screened B-Side and Texas Toast limited cover /?) 

This record can still be picked up fairly cheap. Well, the standard cover can. Weirdly enough there is no note of this cover anywhere, and it certainly doesn't resemble the standard one. I bought this from Texas Toast DIY a few years back, and was surprised to find this cover in the mail. Funnily enough, the owner of the label (sadly now defunct I believe) sent me two to make up for a delay in getting this out and I traded the other away to Darren over at Dog Knights if memory serves. 

The screen print looks great on this record, and it has a real DIY look to it that I love.


Quarter fold cover, photocopied paper sleeve. 
The text is the Tracklisting, along with label names and the credit of the sleeve design to Jonathan Ruis. There's also a cool cloth cover of this 7'' /25. It's a shame that the information is so limited here. There could be 5 of these, there could be a couple hundred. Who knows right? 


Inside the sleeve you also get this little Handmade By note, which makes me assume the band assembled these alongside the label, possibly for a tour or record release. Back then I was dumb and never thought to shoot the dude an email. I think it's pretty neat that you can see some streaking from the screening in the dust cover too. 

So there's a lot in this record to love. Mysterious cover variant, screened B-Side and I almost forgot to mention that the record glows in the dark. It's definitely a cool release, and Beau Navire were always one of my favourite bands for this genre, and I grabbed at least one of every release. 



No comments:

Post a Comment