Tuesday 1 March 2016

2 Songs

I've been on the lookout for this tape for quite a while, but I always had a price in mind that I wasn't going to go over. One came up for sale last week, and it was fairly smooth sailing. It's a hard one to guess a price on, with them largely circulating in buy/sell/trade groups as opposed to eBay or Discogs channels.


Basement - Two Songs - City Of Gold Records - 1st Press - Clear Shell /100 W/ Yellow Variant Cover /25

There are four covers on four colours, each out of 25, and they make up the variants as all the shells are clear. I honestly wasn't fussed which one I ended up with. It contains two demo tracks of songs that would end up on 'I Wish I Could Stay Here', namely 'Plan To Be Surprised' on the A-Side and 'Every Single Word' on the B-Side. 


You know this came out a while back when City Of Gold released it right? I'm sure a few readers had issues with that label at some point (myself included), but they did release some cool stuff for Basement. 


Inside the J-Card are the lyrics for the two songs, and a thank you. The text at the bottom is so small I struggle to read it, but I assume it could be recording credits maybe? 

I was happy with this, as aside from the demo cdr that I've never seen a copy of this meant I had one of each release. Now they go ahead and release the Promise Everything promo tape that I'm going to have to chase down. Anyone know anyone selling?
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment