Tuesday 8 March 2016

The 1975 Live

So a few days ago I made some last minute plans with a mate to catch The 1975 on their 3rd night out of 5 Sold Out shows at Brixton O2 Academy (last night, or the 7th for anyone catching this late). They kicked off their tour there, so it seemed as good a place as any. So from my house, we had about a 90 minute drive, grabbed a train, a tube stop or six and there we were outside the venue. The queue was around the venue, but we managed to get in with a good spot in plenty of time to catch the support band (The Japanese House - who were cool), and watch The 1975. They were great, the light show alone was worth the price of admission, but to play a nearly two hour show that held my attention at all times was really special. I could gush about it all day, but this post is going to be heavy enough as it is. Here is the merch I grabbed from the night, so here we go: 


First up I bought a couple of wristbands. They are identical with both sides shown here. I originally bought one for my niece who couldn't attend the show, and then got one for myself too. 


They were selling the LP and the CD, but I hadn't seen a cassette version of this before and it was reasonably cheap so I bought it. I probably won't listen to it much with having the LP already, but it's a nice souvenir to have. From what I can see, this is an Urban Outfitters exclusive, but their copies have a small Parental Advisory sticker in the bottom right corner that could well just be an alternative shrinkwrap. There is also no real indicator online as to what colour the shells are for Urban Outfitters, but I assume they are the same as this. 


I would like to find the Love Me / Ugh! promo tape too, but for now I'm pretty happy with this. I have no clue on pressing numbers for this one either.


Much the same as the LP gatefold, the J-Card for the cassette contains this photo set, with the track-listing. There are 9 tracks on the A-Side, with 8 on the B-Side. It's a neat touch that the A-Side of the J-Card contains the first 9 photo sets too right? 


And here is the B-Side of the J-Card for lack of a better phrase, with the remaining 8 photo sets and thanks. No lyrics, but it's pretty well packed out as it stands. 


Lastly I bought a tour shirt. It's a terrible compulsion that I can't really go to a gig without grabbing one. The front of the shirt is the album art. 


And here is the back. The dates carry on down the shirt through til Mid-April, but I'm sure you get the idea. There's no tag in the back shirt and is instead printed with the band logo, size and washing instructions. 














No comments:

Post a Comment