Thursday 3 March 2016

Splattered Life

Every now and then a record comes along that surpasses all expectation, and becomes an old friend very quickly. This is a record that I bought, not knowing quite how much attention I was going to give it. It ticks all the boxes, it looks incredible, it plays great and the art is a great representation of what the record is all about. 


I Love Your Lifestyle - We Go Way Back - Dog Knights Productions - 1st Press - Ultra Clear W/ Blue & Orange Splatter /150 

I'm always a sucker for a nice splatter variant, and I'm sure I read somewhere that Pirates Press were responsible for the pressing, so they look great. Each copy is different from what I assume, and I like that mine has a big chunk where the splatter isn't there. 


The art for this is lovely, and the accompanying merch that DKP put up for it worked together really well. I can't find much on the artists that worked together on this, but compared to the creepy insert on their debut 12'' I'm feeling this one a bit more. 


The back cover has about all you need on it, so I'm pretty set. I think Art Is Hard released either a lathe or a flexi of Jazz Nights that I missed out on.


The first side of the insert is a little hard on the eyes, as White text on a pale Blue background when your eyesight sucks is never going to work out great. 


Some more of the Bjurbo designed cartoon characters. The Cat at the top of the photo ended up on the merch that came out; there;s also a Dog counterpart that I'm quite smitten by. 


The other side of the insert changes up the colour scheme a little, making it a bit easier to follow. 


Thanks and credits reside on this side too. 


Finally, this kind of thing looks great held up to the light so this got chucked on to the end of this post. 












No comments:

Post a Comment