Tuesday 29 March 2016

Picture Disc Pending

I'd love to say that I got a copy of the Patent Pending LP today. However, today is not that day. 


For those that don't know, Heavens was the short lived side project from Matt of Alkaline Trio and Josiah from F-Minus (I think). Only one LP and a couple of singles came out from it, and they were all great. Sadly the LP was limited to a single press of 1000 copies and rarely surfaces for under £50; but when this single came up for a couple of quid posted I dived in. 


The B-Side of this picture disc contains a remix, and it sounds about how you would expect a remix to sound. It's pleasant enough but I can't really see it getting played that often. 


Hype sticker on the sleeve. 
There was another version of this 7'' that came on black vinyl with an alternate mix (kind of similar to the Alkaline Trio 'Burn' 7''). Both copies were for Epitaph UK and no pressing info has been released. I haven't picked up the other version, but if I get the urge I can't see it being hard to find. 
What I'm really hoping for is this record getting a 10 year anniversary repress; although I guess the way things ended here doesn't get me feeling too hopeful. 

Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment