Thursday 15 January 2015

With a new Cloakroom album due to drop next week (there's already so much coming up in 2015 I'm looking forward to) I thought I'd best add the Infinity EP to my collection. It's one of those that I've listened to time after time and enjoyed a bunch but never actually got round to picking up. Well today it finally turned up so I can get to writing about it! 


Cloakroom - Infinity - Run For Cover Records - 2nd Press - White /550 

The first thing that jumps out about the packaging is the hole in the sleeve right? I think these are referred to as a 'Disco Sleeve' but that's a super dumb name so lets skip over that. 
Although the variant is stated to be White, there is a ton of bleed and looks to be more of a Grey Marble than anything, but this seems to suit the somewhat muddy feel of the record. It's funny how things work out at times I guess! 


Back Cover // B-Side 

Artwork on this release was handled by Reuben Sawyer at Rainbath Visual and it's a style you can tell from a mile off. There's something a little unsettling in all of the work coming out of there. The jackets are quite a thick card and have the appearance of being screened, but I can't find much out on that front. 


Insert
As opposed to a full size insert, this looks more like a bookmark, and it fits quite well in the sleeve without being seen through the centre holes. This side contains all the lyrics. Band personnel, recording credits and thanks (it literally only says thanks) are on the back cover. 


Insert 

The other side of this insert contains the illustrations that grace the centre labels of each side of the record. There's something super bleak about this, which kind of meets the feel of the music I guess? Speaking of the centre labels, I really should have taken photos of the record in the sleeve to see how centre labels fit in the artwork. Balls. 

Listening to this record through my setup has got me really excited for the new LP. Run For Cover had started streaming it early, but I'm holding off 'til I get it in my hands. From the snippets I've seen of the packaging, it looks like a cool one too! 

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment