Wednesday 14 January 2015

Blue Hearts

A couple of people have asked me to do a post on this record. I'm not particularly sure why there seems to have trouble finding this, I scored this off eBay without any trouble a year or two ago. I'm missing the Virgin Sails 7'' from this band, which isn't cool as the tracks on that record are incredible. But I go on... 


My Heart To Joy - Seasons In Verse - Asbestos Records - 1st Press - Blue/100 

A couple of people seem to be under the impression that Topshelf Records handled the vinyl release of that. I know they released Seasons In Verse on CD (and a great 7'' called Reasons To Be), but I believe that Asbestos were the only ones handling wax copies of this. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

No Barcode. No Topshelf logo. The back cover doesn't seem to match the cover art too well which is a shame. In the bottom right corner during shipping, this copy got a fairly nasty corner ding that wasn't too cool either. However, I do like the centre labels and how they match the hand illustration on the cover. 


Insert 

This side of the insert contains all the lyrics for the LP against some spooky tree scenes. The first time I heard this was in my friend's car driving around the back roads of our hometown, and the scenes in these photos are a little similar.


The other side of the insert. 

Shitty Greg from TWIABP was in this band, maybe a couple of other members too. List of band personnel, recording/mastering credits and thanks. A bunch of great bands are thanked on this insert too, quite a few of which have sadly fallen by the wayside in the last 6 years (damn, this album has already been out 6 years!). 

There's not an awful lot I have to say on this album, as it came at a weird point for me. I have some great memories of this album that I always return to as soon as it starts playing and that is good enough for me. This record really needs a re-press. There seems to be a few people out there after it, and with only 500 copies out there (across 4 colours weirdly) it's slowly growing more expensive. 

Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment