Tuesday 20 January 2015

Test With Serenity

I've done a couple of posts on Fade, and here's another one. Funnily enough, two separate releases from two different labels and on both occasions I got the test press before I got the standard variant. Plants seem to be really dragging their feet on some releases at the minute, and I'm too excited to not write about this one so here we go: 


Fade - One With Serenity - Neutral Words Records - Test Press - Black /10

This is my first test press of the year and what a way to kick it off right? I don't have that many test presses in my collection (possibly 12 or 13 as a ballpark figure?), but once pre-orders for this went up I emailed the good dudes at NWR and made an offer. Some tests come in really cool sleeves, printed up just for the occasion. Some tests come in plain sleeves // dust covers with nothing going on. This is a nice bit of middle ground, so there's a little to chat about. Neutral Words Records deal primarily in Hardcore (Broken Teeth and Forsaken have both put out stuff on this label) so at first I thought it was a bit of a left field choice. Saying that, dudes from Fade are in a band called Shrapnel, and sound a bit closer to what this label deals with. And who says label's should stick to a certain genre right?


Back Cover // B-Side 

This side is about as plain as you can get, but for a test press what would you really expect? I have test presses that came in a dust sleeve and not much else, so the stamped sleeve / centre label is definitely appreciated.

Which brings us right on to these.


Here's a little close up of the sleeve (well, what you need to see of it anyway). 
NWR012 is the label designation on the right. To the left the sleeve is stamped. It's not totally clear but you can make out 'Neutral Words Records // Leeds' and the central design looks to be in the same vein as the logo on their releases? It's hard to explain, head over to their bigcartel for a better idea (and grab a copy of this 7'' while you're there because it rips). The packaging that this came in was stamped too, just so you know. 


Centre label 

I don't really need to explain what's going on here. Stamped with the band name, release title, date of manufacture (at a guess) and then the label is hand labelled '/10'. I know that there are 10 out there, but it looks like they weren't numbered. Not to worry though right? 

That's about all I can say on this one for now. There's the best part of 12 minutes of music on this 7'', and then there's a bonus digital track that I can't wait to get my hands on. This release took a little more getting used to than the demo, but it's definitely a progression. I haven't picked up the demo since this arrived, and I guess that can only be a good thing? 
If the record plant Gods are in my favour, I should be getting another 3 copies of this soon enough. You can bet I'll be talking all about 'em too.

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment