Friday 6 February 2015

If You Could Hear The Dreams I've had My Dear...

Today I'm going to chat about a cassette. I guess there are mixed feelings on these posts, but this one is kind of cool as I bought it when there was no sign of the vinyl equivalent. It also turned out quite nifty and different from the wax release, so it all turned out well. 


Nightmares For A Week - Don't Die - Housebreaker Records - 1st press - Red Shell - 47/50 

The first thing that attracted me to this release was the change up in the artwork. The original release had a similar theme, but this is a cool artist interpretation. The art definitely suits the format. This would probably look a bit weak as 12'' art, and the original art would look too squeezed in on a cassette. I also like the incorporation of the title into the design. This was the first time I heard of Housebreaker Records, and it was definitely a cool introduction to the label. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

The shells are not labelled with A/B sides, but it's all good. I believe this release was all on red.
Track-listing was supposed to alternate in colour I guess, but both 8 and 9 are printed in black. Whoops right? 


Spine View 

I honestly love this record. It's got such an honest sound, and I could honestly listen to the opening track all day long. It doesn't get too much play time in winter, but this always makes it onto my iPod for the summer months. Also, any band that take a Jawbreaker reference as a name are probably going to be fairly solid right? 


Finally 
47/50 

This is one of a few numbered items in my collection that have been done so using gold pen. All have come smudged. I get the colour co-ordination folks, but gold just isn't working for you!

https://nightmaresforaweek.bandcamp.com/album/dont-die
Although the cassette sold out a little while back, the vinyl and CD are still available here, and the record is only $2 to download. Way too few people have heard this band, and are you honestly going to miss £1.30? 

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment