Friday 27 February 2015

Orange Wheels

Going for another Hot Water Music Post today, I hope no one has a huge problem with that. If you do, I'm sure you just haven't heard Hit and Miss at the right volume. We're not talking about No Division today though...


Hot Water Music - Till The Wheels Fall Off - No Idea Records - Advance Reunion Show Edition - Orange /825 (2XLP) 

There are a few things going on with this record that I am not 100% sure on, I'm sure Alan will jump on and make right any inaccuracies on my part. 
The story goes that these came about a few weeks before the official release date as a reunion show kind of deal. This variant is exclusive to that pre-release, and some special covers were screen-printed up just for the occasion. Any pressing past this is in the standard double LP gatefold jacket with the 'official' artwork. I would've included my standard copy; but as I didn't do the same for Fuel, it would feel a little wrong right? 


Back Cover // B/D-Side 

A couple cool things about the record to note. For one, the A/B LP is on clear orange, whereas the C/D LP is on a strange orange marble kind of colour. To make things a little more interesting, the labels are all blank. Again, future pressings of this had a centre label that correlated with the art. 


690/525 

I let that slip past me the first time. My educated guess is that 525 were available at the show, and maybe a few shows after? They had more records to accommodate overstock, and so made some more covers up and numbered them past the original designation? I really like having one past the original number, if I had a number below 525, I probably would never have known more existed in this kind of cover? On the upside, having one would probably have resulted in being at the reunion show...Actually, it probably would've come up in conversation at some point anyway! 


Tour poster and sticker. 

The only downside of this record is the lack of insert. I had / still have a copy of this on CD and a standard press on vinyl before I grabbed this one, so I was already familiar with the track-listing and where the tracks originally surfaced. Even an A4 sheet with the track-listing would've been something right? Saying that, it is nice to not have to rely on anything like that to know what's coming up with this record. Sounds way more holier than thou than I really wanted it to.


Glow In The Dark! 

On the definite upside, the covers were hand screened with glow in the dark ink. This was held up to the light for a few seconds and photographed in total darkness, it looks pretty cool right? As I said, I already had a couple copies of this, but your boy can't say no to pretty things that glow in the dark. 








No comments:

Post a Comment