Sunday 6 December 2015

Big Love Leadership

I'm always on the lookout for Cold Cave stuff I don't already own; and it's not very often that something just pops up on eBay from a UK seller without much in the way of interest. Somehow this one must have slipped through the cracks as I got it without much hassle for about a fiver plus shipping. 


Cold Cave - New Morale Leadership - 1st Press - Big Love Records - Clear Shell /100 

This tape originally came out through Hospital Productions in 2010, and the variants were distinguished by the colour of the cover and the colour of the text. This copy came out around a year later through Big Love Records in Japan featuring completely different artwork as a benefit for the Tsunami in Japan. The money generated by the 'Suns and Lovers' EP by Nothing was also donated to the same cause I believe. The label name does not appear on the shell or J-Card.


The J-Card contains a tracklisting and the Heartworm Press logo. The release is not numbered from what I can see. 


Spine View 

One side of the cassette shell has a pink glitter heart. I assume all copies came like this and mine hasn't been fucked with. There's a copy on the Discogs release page with a similar looking thing going on. The other side of the shell is blank. 


Made In Japan embossed on the outer shell. 


Lastly, this cassette came shipped in this weird polysleeve. I'm not sure if this came from the seller or it came from the label; but it's the first time I've seen something like this. I'd assume it was from the label, but either way it's a little bit quirky and I'm into it. I need to put up the shelving I bought for my cassettes really. Rapidly running out of room for stuff! 







No comments:

Post a Comment