Tuesday 11 August 2015

Ceremony//Touche pickups

From the beginning of this blog, I never wanted to stick solely to records. The main content would be records of course, but with paying some kind of attention to the design aspect of stuff; if I stumble over a cool zine, some nice merch etc. then I can always throw that in here too right? 

Over the course of this week, I am attempting to make it to 3 gigs, all of which are a decent drive away and two of which I'll be doing alone. So far I've hit 2 out of 3, and hopefully I'll be hitting up Give tomorrow. But on Sunday I saw Ceremony at the Bodega in Nottingham and here's what I managed to grab: 

09/08/2015


I think the newest Ceremony record is quite possibly their best work, and the artwork is perfect so I had to grab this shirt. 
After the gig I managed to grab a setlist too, and it's cool to see the mix of pre and post Zoo material. As much as I loved hearing the new songs live, screaming 'I Got Problems, I'm a Fucked Up Kid' is unlikely to be topped in a Ceremony Set. 


Having a quick chat with Ross from Ceremony after the gig, as I was about to leave he grabbed this from the merch table and shoved it in my hand. Super nice guy and great to talk to. I hadn't seen these anywhere before so I'm assuming they were made up for tour. 


I had bought the LP previously, but they had these tour exclusive hand drawn covers for sale. I wasn't really planning to spend £20 on an LP I already owned but the band bought blanks with them too to draw these up for anyone that bought the album which was a cool idea. I was worried about it getting creased to death in my bag, but it held up pretty well and now it's sitting with the record. 


Finally, I grabbed The L-Shaped Man on cassette. I saw a photo of these go up on Instagram and read somewhere that they were only for the record release show; so when a few floated overseas I jumped at the chance to grab one. I have no idea on pressing numbers for this one though... 


B-Side 


Fully printed J-Card, and the art contains a couple extra 'One Line Drawing' illustrations. Definitely a big fan of this artwork and the fact that hundreds of unique spins of this one album cover are floating around out there makes for something really special in my eyes. 

If you want to know how the gig was; it was great! There were a couple of dickheads spilling redstripe and trying to mosh to the slowest of songs but it can't be helped right? 

10/08/2015

Touche Amore - Nottingham Rescue Rooms 

Every time TA come to the UK, I manage to get to at least one gig and I never walk away without grabbing something so here we go: 


This shirt looked to be the most up to date design so I grabbed it. Their merch was a little sparse on this tour, and passing through Europe they managed to sell out of the To The Beat re-presses too! I still need to grab that and the purple repress of the TA/TF split to keep everything up to date. 


Finally I grabbed a pin badge of the To The Beat art, and had a nice chat with Jeremy Bolm afterwards. The venue was a little odd with a very tall stage and a barrier. Every other time I've seen them, they would jump straight off stage and on to the floor after every show to have a quick chat with fans, but it just wasn't that easy this time around. On the upside they were incredible as always, and next time they hit the UK I'll definitely be there. 

Cheers!









No comments:

Post a Comment