Thursday 13 August 2015

Give Pickups

Three gigs in a week. That's a pretty rare occurrence for me, so it's nice to make a run of posts to mark the occasion. Also, as posting about merch seems to be just as popular as any record is, I'll do it again if that's cool? 

12/08/2015 - Give - JT Soar - Nottingham 

My first time seeing Give and my first time at JT Soar, and both were absolutely incredible. The venue is a great little DIY Space not too far out of the city centre. Everyone was cool, easy to find parking, £5 on the door and you're sorted. I traveled alone, but starting up conversation was easy enough and hopefully next time there'll be a familiar face or two? 
Give brought the fun. That's all; it was an incredibly fun show to attend and when they're next close by I'll happily make the journey again. 

Anyway, on to the merch. There wasn't much on the record front. The dude who runs Adagio was doing merch so brought along a decent distro section from which I nearly bought the Moss Icon discography. The only Give album I saw on sale was the new EP through Rev (Sonic Bloom). 


First up I grabbed this Chiller Than Most fanzine. This is a Flowerhead special issue and is an entire zine dedicated to all things Give, Angela Owens is interviewed in here, and she's done some great photography for a lot of great bands so I reckon it'll be a fun little read! 


There's still plenty of room for Wayne's World and TMNT references though. If anyone has a thing for zines, this can be grabbed through the Chiller Than Most bigcartel along with some other cool Give stuff. 


Next up is the shirt I grabbed. This is the pocket print on the front. I love that Give seem to make up shirts exclusively for tour, and this one has dates on the back that I'll get to in a minute. This came in a few colours so I settled on Grey. 


Back Print

I love how it throws around the Sunflower Youth and Flowerheads tag as opposed to slapping the band name all over it. I was talking to a mate about this band, and he's catching them at Leper Fest along with Touche and Ceremony funnily enough! 


And finally, as I have picked up a pin at the other two gigs I've been to this week, it would've been weird not to grab one here as they had them for sale. I've been lurking at these for a little while now on the Give bigcartel so I couldn't resist it when it was right in front of me. 

There we go! I think the next gigs I'm going to are Brand New and Jim Adkins next month, so we'll see what happens? Between then and now, expect pretty much business as usual here. 

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment