Sunday 30 August 2015

Long Live Happy Birthday

Topshelf Records have been on a pretty good run this year. With a new record from The Saddest Landscape lurking just around the corner, I felt the need to pull out a recent gem from the Topshelf catalogue to talk about. 


The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die - Death To New Years - Topshelf Records - 1st Press - Black /200 

The cover art is supposedly a friends of the band's Dad, but don't quote me on that. This band seem to talk a lot, but to me this is some of the best and most accessibly material. It has a feel that reminds me of some of their older material, and definitely gets me that feeling that I got when I first heard the Deer Leap split. 
All TWIABP releases (including splits) have the same centre label, and I hope this is a theme that continues on. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

Track-listing and a snap shot of the cover art. 


Insert 

I really have no clue what relevance this holds to anything on this record. However, my guess is that it's some kind of inside joke or simply means nothing at all. 


Lyrics, credits and personnel. 

Apparently Greg has left the band, which is a little strange as he's been in this band for as long as I can remember being a fan. However, with a constantly rotating lineup and such a huge membership anyway; I'm sure somebody cool will be along to take the spot. 

Weirdly, this record hasn't sold out. I always thought this band were well hyped, but you can score this copy from the UK Topshelf Store now if you so wish... 




No comments:

Post a Comment