Monday 31 August 2015

Dino Post

On the never ending search for Dinosaur Jr. records, I've come to the point where I am quite happy to have just one of everything; however if something is there for cheap I just can't help myself. Considering at this point I don't even own every DinoJr. LP on vinyl yet, it seems odd to be buying doubles of singles I already own. But the heart wants what the heart wants right? 


Dinosaur Jr. - Little Fury Things - SST Records - 1st Press - Black/? 

Quite possibly my favourite Dinosaur Jr. single and although I already had the repress 7'' from the 'Visitors' Box Set, I had to have this when I saw it show up on eBay for cheap. Oddly enough this was pressed at 33rpm as opposed to 45, but look at all that dead wax! 


Back Cover // B-Side 

The centre label on the A-Side is also this colour, but the light may have caught it a bit strange is my only explanation. This record is about as mint as you're going to find a copy, and still had the shrink on the sleeve. 
If anyone has a Little Fury Things colour copy or shirt, let me know! 


Dinosaur Jr. - The Wagon - Glitterhouse Records - 1st Press - Black/? 

Again, I already own a White Sub Pop press of this, but at 99p I couldn't turn it down. The seller was cool and adjusted the shipping for both of these to come together too. This was the German release of this single and contains the same tracks, but the Sub Pop labels still state just Dinosaur as opposed to Dinosaur Jr. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

I have no clue about the sticker on the sleeve, but I know there isn't one on the Sub Pop press. Maybe an import or promo thing? 


Both together. 

One thing I will say is that both of these records are older than I am. At least by a couple of years. However, the sound quality is great, not a crack or hiss on any of the four sides. I have records that are only months old that sound pretty mediocre in comparison to these; and again my hearing (or setup) isn't exactly the best in the world either. The older I get, the more of an appreciation I develop for this band, and I can't wait to spend more time delving into what they have to offer. 

Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment