Sunday 20 September 2015

Blue on the inside

It's probably about time to admit to myself that I have a soft spot for the band Hole. All things aside, they released a few solid albums, Courtney Love co-wrote some of the greatest Nirvana songs and if it wasn't for the fact that she murdered a hero, I might like Hole a lot more. Whilst away shopping a few days ago, I saw this cheap and couldn't pass it up. 


Hole - Pretty On The Inside - City Slang - 1st Press - Blue /3000 

This is definitely a raw sounding record, compare it to Live Through This and in parts it almost sounds a different band. The art on this record is absolutely incredible, the cover will definitely pop out at you when flipping through the racks. The font, the stark colours, and the band just look so cool it's unreal. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

The B-Side label is cool, but the art on this side doesn't appeal to me much. On a cool little side note, Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth co-produced this record. 


The insert acts as the inner sleeve. Both sides are printed up with a mix of photography, illustration and lyrics/ credits/ liner notes. This looks like an old cut and paste zine too, which I definitely dig. 


Stickered sleeve indicating the variant and pressing number. 
I had a quick look on Discogs, and for some reason people are asking for £85 for this variant. This record is honestly not worth that much, and I sincerely hope it never sells for that much. Much is the same way with Live Through This, a White copy (also /3000) costs around £120+ and even standard variants are £50 or more when you find it. I can almost guarantee you that I will settle for the bootleg of that LP that surfaced sometime late last year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment