Tuesday 15 September 2015

TA Catch up

Obviously, there's going to be a TA catch up post every now and then. Nothing too exciting, both very new and very accessible. Pressed in pretty high numbers, and delivered with love from Dog Knights Productions. 


Touche Amore - ...To The Beat Of A Dead Horse - 6131/Collect Records - 8th Press - Clear Red - /1000 (180 Gram)

I'm not sure if I posted the few represses between the early days of this blog and now. Either way, there are a few nifty (well, to me) differences between then and now. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

In the mix of this record, there are a few chunks of solid black in there as well as a smoky kind of effect. I've not really seen that in a record too often before now but it looks cool so I'm all for it. 


You can see some of the smaller solid black chunks in here when it's in the light. 
The mix in this is pretty mental; it looks fairly well distributed on a flat surface, but up to the light you can see the swirls and the clear poking through it all. Either way I'm a big fan. 


Stickered Sleeve

This is something that disappeared after the second press and has been absent up until now. Maybe to mark the 180 gram transition? Either way, this now means that all 3 full lengths have had the 180 repress; but I hope a deluxe book version of this LP one day surfaces. Also, whilst this was stickered, it was stickered to shrink and there's no way of peeling it off without destroying it, so I cut around it and it's tucked away in the sleeve. I know I have a problem, let's move past it. 


Both labels on the back sleeve have had a makeover. The Collect one more so as it's a totally new logo, but I believe the 6131 looks a little different too. I could be wrong... 


Thankfully, inside the gatefold has remained pretty much the same from what I can tell. I've not compared thank you's or whatever, but I'm sure it's all pretty much as it always was? 

The one thing I forgot to mention earlier was the inclusion of the 6131 logo on both centre labels now. That's completely new to this pressing if memory serves. Also, I seem to believe that nowadays all 6131 releases have a house style centre label; but it's not the case for this record (and maybe some other earlier releases) just yet. 


Whilst we're here right? 

Touche Amore // Title Fight - Crescent-Shaped Depression // FaceGhost - Secret Voice - 3rd Press - Opaque Purple - /? 


Back Cover // B-Side 

I'm not sure if I ever posted about this record before; but I have some cool variants with this one. Basically, there are 3 pressings: one through Sssealegs and two out of Secret Voice (Jeremy Bolm's label). Sadly for the two Secret Voice presses, I can't find any pressing info. 


As a cool collaborative effort, John Slaby did some painting for this record (John Slaby has done all the Title Fight art so far) and Nick from Touche Amore handled the design and direction. Instead of an insert, there's a postcard that's come with all pressings of this so far. 


Credits and a neat little mixup of the TA/TF logos.


Finally, a little group shot. I love this band, and I just got a shipping notification of the TA/CL split so expect a new post on this band pretty soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment