Tuesday 22 December 2015

Marble Letter Day

So RSD Black Friday came and went and typically nobody really cared, myself included. It seemed a little rushed, the UK got barely any releases in and 99% of what came out sucked anyway. However, there was one or two cool things about, and Alan managed to get me my main want from the day (again, cheers dude!) 


The Get Up Kids - Red Letter Day - DogHouse Records - 2nd Press - Marble /? (RSD Black Friday '15) 

It was really only this and the NIN boxset for me, although I would've taken that repress of Barbed Wire Kisses too. However, more about this. I like 10'' records a fair amount and they seem to be the perfect format for an EP of any description. Although it's hard to photograph, the art looks super crisp here and the record is a really nice mix of colours. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

All of the lyrics and credits are printed on the back in favour of an insert. Sometimes (especially on an LP) this can look pretty messy but here it works quite well, and only having 5 tracks allows the lyrics to be printed in a semi-readable sized font which is always a bonus. 


Close up of the record so you can get a bit more of an idea of some of the marble going on here. It looks like a bit of a No Idea job, but I love that crazy colour mix thing they have going on in some of their records so I have no complaints whatsoever. Also, Anne Arbour sounds great whatever color this is pressed on so who cares right? 


Finally, stickered shrink. 

Would I have paid the £20 that Banquet were asking for this? Maybe not, but Alan was ordering a couple of things overseas and got me it for a bit less because he's a great dude. Maybe in future for RSD I'll fight off the spoiled brat instant gratification and save myself some money (to spend on more records obviously). 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment