Wednesday 30 December 2015

Ringleader

So this is likely to be my last post of the year, and so I thought I'd deviate away from the Christmas theme just for a second to show you something I managed to score off my wants list a week or so ago. 


Morrissey - Ringleader Of The Tormentors - Attack Records - 1st Press - Black /? 

Pretty much every Morrissey album I am after now is considered a big want, as they are all fairly unlikely to be seen for under the £75 mark. Thankfully I paid a lot less for this one and it's fairly mint. There's a small ding in the bottom left corner, and a small seam split on the inner sleeve but for an album that's nearly a decade old it has been incredibly well looked after to say the least. The material of those printed inners pretty much begs them to be fucked with too.


Back Cover // B-Side 

I would love to know the pressing numbers for certain Mozzer records, as there must be thousands of the things around and yet we will still pay an incredible amount for them if pushed to it. Listening to this all the way through on wax really brought back my appreciation for the post Maladjusted era. I have spent most of this year chasing down old singles, so it was nice to change the pace a little. 


Close up of the B-Side centre label.


The record is housed in a gatefold sleeve with super lush packaging. It's got a real high quality feel to it, and everything just looks nice. The left panel is this photo of Morrissey sat on a Vespa; when in Rome and all that. Next to the panel is the printed inner sleeve. I've had a CD copy of this for years, and the layout is much the same, down to the printed inner and gatefold packaging. 


The right hand panel contains all the lyrics, thanks and credits. Not the easiest thing to photograph, but you get the idea right? 


Finally, the printed inner sleeve also matches the print inside of the jacket. Although the other side is sealed, you can see it's the same all the way through. A small touch, but definitely a point in favour that this is some of the nicest packaging out there. 

Also, I bought this from a dude who runs a Smiths and Morrissey record collectors page on Facebook. It's a cool place to lurk as he's always getting in cool promo pressings and some really hard to find items. He regularly auctions things off (much the case here!), and ships a record better than most. Record and inner sleeve separate, the jacket in a polythene sleeve, all bubble wrapped and tracked, stiffened, mailered, the works. 
This was cool, and I'm beyond chuffed to have this among my slowly growing Morrissey collection.









No comments:

Post a Comment