Tuesday 2 September 2014

Hell to pay.

With Cursed, I have been quite fortunate and fallen on my feet with most of their recorded output. Not that I own all of it on vinyl (missing Architects of Troubled Sleep), but what I have grabbed has been at a decent price for the most part. This is a record I picked up a few months back, but I have been fascinated with, for as long as I have known of the name Cursed.


Hell Comes Home. The cover art. The title. The content. All of it just appealed to me, and is the record I most closely associate with this band. Sadly, it took far longer that I wanted to find a copy. However on the upside; it was cheap enough and a semi-rare variant. 


Back cover. Hex Records put this out somewhere around a decade ago. The text below the track-listing are the studio credits and song writing credits. If you didn't know (although you really should) Search & Destroy is originally by The Stooges. It's an absolute banger, and exclusive to this 7'' (well, unless you have that 'The Rest' boot that surfaced a year or two back). I like how the labels are marked by 1 or 2 Baphomets/ He Goats, and the vinyl itself is cool. For the breakdown of pressing info it's: Clear /100 // Grey /200 // White /200 // Black /1500. All one pressing, no further presses. My copy is mostly Grey but there is some White mixed in too; and a little Black. Definitely an interesting variant to look at. It matches the art well too.


The insert is a double sided, single sheet deal. This side contains an etching by Spanish artist Goya, reflecting the view of a corrupt society. Looking at the lyrical content of Hell Comes Home, it's not hard to see why this was chosen. 


Reverse of the insert. Lyrics to Hell Comes Home. The refrain of When Hell Comes Home // There's Hell to Pay is still one of those moments that really sets me on edge. Such an important song. Right at the bottom are the ever extensive thank you's too. 


Finally, although I bought this copy used it still had the insert for the Achilles//Engineer split CD. I've always appreciated stuff like this still being in the sleeve. Hell Comes Home was HR009, and the flyer was for H10. 

It probably won't be long before I do another Cursed post. 







No comments:

Post a Comment