Wednesday 24 September 2014

Reasonably Priced Quiet Things

Let's get right into it. I'm a Brand New fan. This is a band that still continues to polarise opinion. Some people think they are the greatest thing in the world, others think that they are for softs. However, one massively undisputed fact is that if you want it on wax, it ain't coming cheap. Well, normally. But one day the God's smiled down on me and I bought this for a more than reasonable price from a more than reasonably guy. It was also on my wedding anniversary which was nice too. I honestly though it was going to be some sick wind up, until it popped through the door. 


Brand New - The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows - Sorepoint / Triple Crown Records. 1st press - clear green vinyl / 500. Artwork was handled by a collective called The Heads of State, who have done a bunch of work for bands including Iron and Wine. 


B-Side // Back Cover. The live version of The No Seatbelt Song is insanely good. 
There's not really a great amount to say or see on the subject past that point. This came out at an odd time for vinyl, where your local HMV would have literally 25+ of these sat on a shelf for a quid each and they still weren't going anywhere. It was weird to think about in retrospect, but it certainly isn't happening anymore, this is often fetching £25 and upwards now, which for a two song 7'' is bloody mental. Would I love more Brand New records in my collection? Sure, I'm just not willing to pay stupid prices for them, so I'm certainly out of the game for grabbing Deja Entendu until they re-press it. It's a shame, and I should really have started grabbing vinyl copies when I was busy buying the CD's instead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment