Saturday 20 September 2014

Tapes Mistaken For Stars

It's fair to assume that Planes Mistaken For Stars are a relatively large band for their genre right? Sticking out prominently in the No Idea roster (well, that's where I first heard them). I got a copy of Mercy as I really liked the artwork, and from there I've slowly grabbed what I can. Which brings us up to speed I guess. 


Planes Mistaken For Stars S/T debut EP. Originally released on Deep Elm on CD and 10'', and now released on cassette for the first time. Released through Bird Dialect and Intensive Purposes. Dark Blue shells and /100. 


B-Side / Back Cover. That logo of the dude (presumably) flying is so nasty. Intensive Purposes Number 8. 


Inside the J-Card. I like that the text still refers to the photo being used on the 10''. Definitely a cool photo, and from what I know of the original release, the art has stayed fairly true to the original. No track-list here is a bit lame though. The sound holds up so well though, thinking that it's somewhere in the range of 15 years old. 


Next up is Knife in the Marathon / Live at CBGB's. Again, I think this is the first time KITM has been given a tape release. Black tapes /100. 


B Side // Back Shell. That PMFS 'Skull' logo has been around for a while now right? I think that logo is sprayed on the B-Side of the vinyl version of this release. Even though these were released together (the tapes) I like that the shells and cases are different. All black cases are cool anyway. 


At least this release has a track-listing right? Intensive Purposes Number 9. Live at CBGB's is exclusive to this release and hasn't been previously released to my knowledge? I don't think there was much of a gap between these two releases back in the day, maybe a year or less? 

I'm glad that these have become available again to buy new. I don't think either of these have seen a new pressing since their original release (well, there may have been a Euro release possibly). Furthermore, I can't believe that these are still available on the Bird Dialect Bigcartel...

EDIT:: 


Spine views, and a sticker that came with the order. She & Him definitely are a cop band. 









No comments:

Post a Comment