Sunday 7 December 2014

(SIC)Knot

Let's be honest, you all fucking loved this record. 

I was first introduced to Slipknot when this album dropped, and the Wait and Bleed video was played non-stop. Staying up late to watch the creepy semi-animated video of this one; having a (badly) home dubbed cassette of this from my mate as my mum refused to buy me this album on CD. So many good memories. 


Slipknot - Slipknot - Roadrunner Records - 1st(?) Press - Picture Disc - 002068/?

I honestly don't know too much about this record. it was on Discogs for super cheap so I took it. I know a double LP version in a die-cut black sleeve exists. There are also black and green versions available. Some are double LP's and some are singles. Roadrunner aren't really the kind of label to keep the closest tabs on pressing info, and back in '99 I guess it just wasn't a big deal to most people? 

The photo on this LP is a little different to the cover art, and I'd not really noticed that until it arrived (in a Jiffy Bag, like a cool guy). It looks like the same shoot as the standard LP cover, but this image is probably a little more unsettling. Mick Thomson's crazy eye...

Stickered sleeve, numbered 002068. This came in one of those thick plastic poly-sleeves that static sticks to the record. It also came with a dust cover over that, which was cool as the other sleeve was split. 


B-Side. 

Band photo with lyrics from 'Surfacing' lyrics above. 
Track-Listing is also printed on this side. The songs are split 9/5 which is odd, but Scissors is a long exit (much like Iowa). Frail Limb Nursery is missing from this press, and I still want to hunt down the original Digipack CD with all the CD bonus tracks. 


This bottom half is mostly thanks and credits. There's quite a bit of information here, like Joey Jordison did a bunch of mixing for this LP. Also, merch is referred to as 'Gear' here. It made me laugh a little. 
The barcode is apparently a good way of differentiating pressings here. All it really tells me is that this is a US copy, not UK in origin. 

Despite the super sparse packaging of this record, this has a bunch of information. I'm still no way near finding out all the answers, and that is fine by me. I can only really hang with the first 3 Slipknot records, and I'm missing Vol.3. I know the new RSD pressing landed not too long back, but that gatefold Picture Disc set is calling me...



No comments:

Post a Comment