Saturday 29 November 2014

Gnarweek(end) part 2 (Cru)

On to part 2! I think I might do this with a couple of bands, it's pretty cool. 


Gnarwolves - Cru - Tangled Talk // Day by Day - 1st Press - Clear w/ Snot Splatter /100. 


And again, art for this was handled by Wolf Mask. Scottish dude who works in London (are you happy you pedantic bastards?). This was the first release I bought from Gnarwolves after liking History is Bunk. I just lurked on the Tangled Talk store and it was sat there with the rarest variant still available; so I jumped in. 


Back cover. 
More wolves, more skateboards, more goff stuff. 
The artwork to this reminds me (a little) of the All Hallows EP by AFI. They did well to fit these 6 tracks on a 7'', and it holds up sound wise. 


Insert. 
Single sheet, two sided deal. All the lyrics on this side, with a border. Such pop punk. 


Other side of the insert. 
Live photos are always good, but it has that grainy quality to it that looks cool in person but is a little difficult to photograph. 
Thanks and credits and all that good stuff. I like the colour scheme change here; red doesn't really fit too well, but it's all okay by me. 


A-Side. 

This is the rarest variant of this 7'', and went fairly quick at pre-order. I had no clue they were a big deal at all. I guess I just got lucky on this one. 


B-Side. 

The colour of this is pretty unreal, and looks great in person. The splatter is really thick and creates odd patterns in the record. It's hard to explain, but the splatter on the A-Side shows through on the B-Side from a different angle. Definitely a record worth hunting down if you're into this band. 

The only other copy of this I'd be into owning is the record release they did. I think 25 or so were made? One went on eBay for silly money, the internet moaned. Such is life. 

Part 3 coming soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment