Saturday 29 November 2014

Gnarweek(end) Part 3

Well, here's to the last 7'' installment of this little thing I've been doing over the last day or two. Also, post 100. Who would've thought?


Gnarwolves - Funemployed - Big Scary Monsters // Tangled Talk - 1st Press - White w/ Blue & Green Splatter (Band Exclusive). 


Cover art. 
James Burgess handled the art for this, which was a departure from the Wolf Mask art of previous stuff. It kind of cuts a little too close to the art of the early EP's for me; but there's worse things going on in the world I guess... 


Back cover. 

Not a particularly great design for me. Bongs are lame, and we continue with the pop-punk cliches. It's weird as this band really sticks out for me as something a little different. 


With this 7'' there is a printed inner. Whether intentional or not, there are 3 7''s with 3 separate methods of packaging the records. Fun Club was housed in a gate-fold sleeve with clear dust covers. Cru had plain dust covers and a printed insert. Finally, Funemployed has a printed inner. Cool right? Or not. 
First side is just lyrics and a few doodles. 


This is a pretty long list of thanks, and that's cool. The LP had a similar long list, it seems like they've tried really hard to not miss anyone out. Moose Blood getting a shout out too!


This was the rarest 1st press colour again. It was straight from the band's online store, and the 1st press of this sold out in just a few hours. Mad hype around this band! The 2nd press went up before this one had even been pressed. 


Finally. B-Side. The centre label art here is stupid, I don't mind the pizzagram though. I guess this art works well with the variant. 
I also bought a double of this variant for Darren Harvey at Dog Knights, as he was away in Japan at the time. He's helped me out a bunch with DKP releases and sold me some gems from his personal collection; it was nice to return the favour. 

On to the tapes! 






No comments:

Post a Comment