Sunday 9 November 2014

Slow Trippin'

Okay, last cassette post for a little while. Honestly, it's been fun doing cassette posts. They're easier to photograph (for the most part), they are quicker to write about too. Also since Sick of it All recently claimed that cassettes are lame, I claim that they're lame. I like cassettes, I don't like guys too old to mosh. I'm not saying that they're irrelevant, I'm just saying that they're music is way more important than their opinion will ever be.
Moving on to a cracking cassette: 


Power Trip - S/T - Slow It Down Records - 1st Press - Clear Shell /150

The shell is hand lettered and features an 'A' on this side and a 'B' on the other. Fairly simple right? 
This originally came out on 7'' through Lockin' Out in 2011, with a cassette release from another label for a US tour. This came out from SIDR in the UK a couple years after. Slow it Down put out a bunch of cool US Hardcore stuff on tape, as a cheap option for UK dudes wanting some overseas stuff. They released stuff from Losin' It, Expire and a bunch of others. They've gone a bit quiet nowadays though which is a real shame. I think SIDR had a hand in putting some UKHC shows too. 


Back Cover // B-Side. 

From what I remember, the 3 tracks play on both sides and it's a really great release. I only really started paying attention to this band after the Armageddon Blues record, and I didn't have a clue as to how much people were into this band. Definitely jumped on late, and this was a lucky grab. Track-listing and Power Trip logo on the outside fold of the J-Card.


On to the J-Card. Track-listing is printed twice on the J-Card, which is a little odd but nevermind. Slow It Down records logo on the left hand side; with a Sebastian Jun Grafikdesign logo next to it. I think that there could have been a little bit more done out the design, as the band logo is featured 4 times, the track-listing is featured 2 times. However, there are no thank-you's, lyrics or credits. But what do I know? 

From the black strip at the bottom of the J-Card, you can see that this is SIDR#19 and that they were /150. I know that there were blue shells and clear shells used; and that they are all hand lettered. However, I don't know what amount of blue or clear were made, and I also don't know how many were numbered and how many weren't. Maybe none got numbered? Maybe these were un-numbered leftovers? I have a Hospitals 7'' with a leftover pre-order cover that isn't numbered, yet has a slot for numbering? 


Finally, Spine View. 
This is a great release and I'm glad I have it. I recently got sucked back into the whole 'demo tape' thing and I'll be picking up stuff as and when. But I do have a bunch of cool posts lined up too, and when I get time you'll know all about it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment