Wednesday 13 May 2015

Acoustic #2

Having recently grabbed another Tigers Jaw record I was missing, and realising I only have a couple of things to grab til I have one of each release (some of their back catalogue is a right pain in the arse to find) I thought I'd drag this 7'' out for a quick word or two. 


Tigers Jaw - Run For Cover Acoustic Series #2 - Run For Cover -1st Press - Black - 400 

Sadly, one of the records I am missing is the acoustic series #1, and the CMJ Flexi (oh, there's the alternate cover of the Hum 7'' that would be great to own too!). However, no time to moan as this record was a great score. Me and a few buds run a Facebook group for buying / selling / trading records and someone was selling through there, so I jumped in early for once and grabbed this. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

I really like the idea of this record, and I wish that RFC had kept these Acoustic Series Records installments up for a little longer - some of their roster would suit this perfectly. I think Tigers Jaw made the first two, and Daylight (Superheaven) went in for the third installment and after that it went a little quiet. 

All on Black, all with Silver labels, one time pressing. It just seems like a great little release for a label, and one of the many reasons why I dig what RFC do so much. 

Minimal on the sleeve front, just a folded piece of paper. Folded covers are cool though so it's all good. Delightfully lo-fi recordings and definitely the Tigers Jaw record I am happiest to own! 


No comments:

Post a Comment