Saturday 9 May 2015

Better Than A Thousand - Just One

I'm going to stop calling these RSD ... ... posts as I'll be picking stuff up for weeks and weeks after the day. I'm sure you'll know that it's from Record Store Day or I'll mention the fact. 


Better Than A Thousand - Just One - Revelation Records - 2nd Press - Red /500 (RSD '15) 

This record hasn't been repressed since it's original release in 1997, how mental is that? I have some huge Rev gaps in my collection so when I heard this was coming out, I had to hunt it out. I actually managed to pick this up at my local store a few days ago, no one had scooped it up. There's a copy of Minority of One in there too that I'll probably be grabbing too. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

The photography for this record is absolutely incredible, and that shot of Ray Cappo screaming out on the cover perfectly sums up this record for me. The layout is simple and bold, and the reds match up perfectly here. 


Close up of the labels. The highlight here for me is the small '60' in the Rev logo, pointing out the label designation of this particular record. 


Insert 

Black on White, just as it was back in the day. Lyrics and live shots, nothing more to worry about here. Lyrically it's a little more on the attack than what Shelter were on at the time, but it still hits just right!


Insert 

Considering that everyone in this band had been in either Youth Of Today / Shelter / Battery / In My Eyes / Damnation AD or a hundred other amazing bands before this LP came along, there is no surprise that this is so good. In the same way as getting tattooed, the more you get, the more you see the gaps. I'm definitely feeling like I'm missing some classic NYHC, so I'm quite happy that I've managed to add this in without much of a hassle. 

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment