Tuesday 5 May 2015

RSD '15 pt. 4

Again, we take another look at the 'in the mail' part of my RSD haul. Hopefully I'll pick up something in store tomorrow to balance it all out a little. This was a record that I was initially not too fussed about; until I saw the only copy in the shop taken by the person in front of me. From that second, I knew I had to have this record in my collection. Luckily, Amazon came in handy and I snagged this for all of about £15 posted. 


Slowdive - Blue Day - Music On Vinyl - 1st Press - Blue - 001897/2000 (RSD '15) 

The first reissue of my RSD purchases, but definitely a necessary reissue. The price of Creation Records wax just keeps on going up and up, and I really didn't want to go the bootleg route with this one unless I had too. This record (at least in part) is as old as I am. How weird is that! 


Back Cover // B-Side 

The centre labels have both Creation and MoV logos on them which is pretty neat, and the simple layout on the back cover is always nice. In transit this suffered a corner ding in the top right (top left here) and there's a little seam split on top. The sleeve is made from high gloss stock card and it's a little prone to a split here and there. 


I think 800 were allocated to the UK this time, and a lot of Euro stores seem to have got this one? Numbering is on the top of the back cover. Much in the same way as the limited (Red) The Devil And God LP was that came out a couple years back from this label. 


As there is no insert here, all the information is packed in to the bottom of the back sleeve. Funny fact: Alan Moulder (credited for remixing here, worked with some incredible artists like My Bloody Valentine, Ride, Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails etc.) is from my hometown, and it's a pretty damn small town at that! 


MoV sticker on the sleeve 


RSD sticker on the sleeve 


This record looks pretty flat in photos, but held up to the light it has this beautiful swirl effect that I'm really digging at the minute. I definitely appreciate this release, it sounds incredible too!







No comments:

Post a Comment