Sunday 31 May 2015

Lo-Fi Belongings

I remember this record going up for pre-order. I remember really wanting this record. I remember the pressing numbers stating 1000 on black as the single press. I remember thinking that 1000 was a crazy number and I could get it whenever, completely not realising that this band are kind of a big deal and it sold out fairly quickly.


Tigers Jaw - Belongs To The Dead - Run For Cover Records - 1st Press - Black /1000 

I have been searching for this record for a couple of years, pretty much since it came out and I missed out on it. Distro was a little less liberal then too so I managed to skip on the album entirely. 


Back Cover // B-Side 

Originally this was released on Summersteps records as a CDr as part of their 'handmade' collection. It came out in 2006 and is quite a far cry from the S/T LP that came soon after. This record has an incredibly lo-fi production to it, and is closer to the 'I'm On Your Side' LP than anything else in their back catalogue. 
This was re-issued alongside a 2008 tour EP from RFC. Again, originally that was a CDr only deal. I actually bought that at Pre-order, without picking this up. I'm an idiot. I really like the fact that this got a little remastering job for vinyl, and that the sleeve art is completely different. As much as the art on the Summersteps version has charm, I'm definitely a fan of this more so. 


Insert

This side holds all the lyrics. Hearing early version of Jet Alone and The Sun are really charming. I love having the lyrics here just as a comparison. The Sun in particular is radically different between each recording. 


Insert 

I love that Brianna handled the layout here. Although she wasn't in Tigers Jaw at the time of the original release, it's cool to see that something was contributed to this LP at some point. 

A little word on how I got this. I lurked through distro after distro after distro for about 2 hours before I came across a copy. A few emails later, and this was on it's way and it arrived in great shape and time. Who says you need to go a store to get that rush of digging... 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment